- Italy is considered a birthplace of the Western civilization.
- Italy has been the starting point of phenomena of international impact such as the Roman Empire, the Roman Catholic Church and the Renaissance. Architectural ruins from antiquity throughout Italy testify to the greatness of cultures past.
- Roman, or Latin literature, was and still is highly influential in the world, with numerous writers, poets, philosophers, and historians.
- The famous elements of Italian culture are its art, music, fashion, and food.
- Food is widely recognized to be a fundamental part of what it means to be Italian. National dishes, which originated in the Italian cities, regions, or localities, constitute a key feature of global food culture.
- Italy was the birthplace of opera.
- The family is the fundamental social unit in Italy.
- Italians generally pride themselves on their hospitality and neighbourliness.
Communication Skills for Integration of Migrants
The WelComm project aims at raising awareness of the importance of education for social inclusion of migrants from early age and promoting opportunities for equal start in education.