Early childhood education and care (ECEC) is important in addressing issues of social inclusion and inclusive citizenry, especially the poverty and marginalization of migrant communities.
Some of the benefits from ECEC include:
- Early childhood is the stage at which education can most effectively influence children’s development
- Contributes to better child well-being and learning outcomes
- Addresses school readiness and language acquisition
- Helps children overcome educational disadvantage
- Enables children to enter kindergarten and primary school with more advanced skills
- Facilitates the integration of immigrant families into the host society
- Increases the intergenerational social mobility
- Supports parents and boost female employment
- Contributes to better social and economic development of the society.