- One of the two official languages of Cyprus is Greek. Apart from the Standard Modern Greek language Greek Cypriots speak a local dialect.
- The earliest written evidence of Greek language is a Linear B clay tablet found in Messenia making Greek the world’s oldest recorded living language.
- The Greek language uses the Greek alphabet and has 24 letters.
- The Greek alphabet was derived from the earlier Phoenician alphabet, and was the first alphabetic script to have distinct letters for vowels as well as consonants.
- It became the ancestor of numerous other European and Middle Eastern alphabets, including Latin and Cyrillic.
- The Greek alphabet today also serves as a source of technical symbols and labels in many domains of mathematics, science and other fields.
Communication Skills for Integration of Migrants
The WelComm project aims at raising awareness of the importance of education for social inclusion of migrants from early age and promoting opportunities for equal start in education.