The Multimedia Learning Kit is available in Bulgarian, Dutch, Greek, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish. To access the separate language versions, please click here or on the button “Welcome to the Multimedia Learning Kit” on top.
The Kit can be used by language educators and/or parents in order to help children understand better the content of lessons taught, increase their interest in the benefits of learning, raise motivation and create interest in educational opportunities.
The Kit includes a variety of language learning materials, using or involving several forms of communication or expression: animation, comic books, motion games, board games, colouring books. It is distributed in a tangible form as “WelComm GameBox”, containing a DVD with the animated films and video with the motion games, 4 board games and a colouring book.
All materials are interconnected and allow different combinations for learning and practicing language information in the host country language related to the topics family, house, nutrition, school life, games, numbers, colours, parts of the human body, animals, plants, seasons, etc.
The Multimedia Learning Kit is available in Bulgarian, Dutch, Greek, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish. In order to access the separate language versions, please click on the button “Welcome to the Multimedia Learning Kit” on top. There you will also find the instructions for using all materials in the respective language.
- The Kit includes:
Animated film “WelComm Family” (mini-series) divided within themes and produced as time lapse animation. There are 5 mini-series in each of the 6 target languages dealing with the topics family, house, nutrition, school life and games
- Language games which can be used as a follow-up of each mini-series providing entertaining activities for practicing the language information already learnt and adding new language content from other topics. The language games are:
- Listen and move (Motion game)
The game includes a demonstrational video in 4 parts with a narrator giving verbal commands and a child performing the commands through visual representation of the actions. The game is suitable for learning and practicing basic verbs as well as words from topics like parts of the human body, games, house, etc.
- Family tree (Board game)
The game includes a playing board visualizing a family tree with marked empty spots and cards with pictures of the family members. The children have to put the cards on the right spot while learning and practicing words from the topics family, colours, plants, parts of the human body (face), names of family members, etc.
- Memory cards
The game includes cards with objects and numbers which children have to match with each other. The game has two versions of playing and is suitable for learning and practicing words from the topics house and numbers.
The game includes cards with objects and numbers which children have to order according to type, colour or number. The game has three versions of playing and is suitable for learning and practicing words from the topics nutrition, numbers, colours and other topics already learned.
- Ready for school (Board game)
The game includes a playing board and cards with objects which can be put either in a school backpack or in a classroom. The children have to put the different objects in the correct place while learning and practicing words from the topic school life and mixing them with other topics already learned.
- Colouring book
The colouring book includes black-and-white print-outs of scenes from all 5 episodes of the WelComm animated film. The children can use them to learn and practice words from the topics colours, family members, house, nutrition, animals, school life, etc.
- Listen and move (Motion game)
- Comic books based on adapted fairy tales typical for each of the partner countries. Every comic book includes the fairy tale “The Little Red Riding Hood” in the respective language and one traditional fairy tale from the same country – “The Little Hero of Haarlem” (The Netherlands), “Grandpa and turnip” (Bulgaria), “Pinocchio” (Italy), “The Pied Piper of Hamelin” (Spain), “The Legend of the Three Rivers” (Portugal) and “Anaxagoras, the dragon and the water of immortality” (Cyprus).
- The comic books can be used both by educators and parents to practice different language content from the animated film and the language games and also to explain some cultural specifics of the host country.
If you are interested in receiving a copy of the WelComm GameBox, please contact the project partners.