- The official language in The Netherlands is Dutch.
- Dutch is a West Germanic language and it is the mother tongue of the most residents of The Netherlands, Belgium and Suriname.
- In the European Union about 23 million people speak Dutch as their first language, and another five million speak Dutch as a second language.
- The official Dutch alphabet is derived from the Latin alphabet.
- Officially, the alphabet has 26 letters.
Communication Skills for Integration of Migrants
The WelComm project aims at raising awareness of the importance of education for social inclusion of migrants from early age and promoting opportunities for equal start in education.